Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Woman charged in 3 city burglaries
Her criminal resume includes convictions for burglary, theft, drug possession, criminal threatening, even armed robbery, police said in court Thursday. Now, she faces three charges of burglary, two counts of credit card fraud, receiving stolen property, forgery and theft by deception.
"It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility she's connected to more," said police spokesman Lt. Maureen Tessier. "If someone is a burglar, they tend to be prolific."
"I kept staring at her face. I needed to remember that face, to make a mental note of it," Clayton said. After the woman walked off, Clayton called police and described the intruder.
Police charged Colon with two other burglaries — 579 Beech St. on July 8 and 279 Laurel St. on June 14.
Hours after the Laurel Street burglary, Colon allegedly cashed a check stolen from the home and later pawned jewelry from the home at a local pawn shop, police said.
She was arrested Wednesday while exiting the CVS store at 432 S. Main St. Police said they believe the credit card she used was stolen, but they have yet to locate the owner.
Tessier said some burglaries tend to be crimes of opportunity. Other are more professional, taking place after the burglar has walked the neighborhood and targeted homes.
Clayton said the burglar also got some cash and an iPad, which police told her was traded for drugs.
"There's a part of me that wanted to stop her from leaving and get her," Clayton said. "But you know what? Just call the cops."
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Somersworth plaza evacuated after phoned threat to blow up NH State Liquor Store - 0
- Londonderry man killed in cycle crash - 0
- Rowdy night ushers in Keene Pumpkin Festival - 0
- Police seek two men in Concord home invasion - 0
- No arrests in Manchester SWAT incident - 0
- Man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation found dead - 0
- Free Keene founder gets community service sentence for fraud conviction - 1
- UPDATED: Police locate man wanted in Fremont homicide investigation - 0
- Suspect in Hampstead home invasion seeks to have statements tossed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fight leads to stabbing in Plymouth - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Crunch time and the dollars are flying in NH races - 0
- Vickers earns first pole in five years - 0
- James Pindell's The Back Story: Does the grassroots approach still work? - 4
- Shaheen: 'Don't Import Candiate That Outsources Jobs' - 19
- Abandoned Property: Romney, Brownies and even J.D. Salinger are on the list, are you? - 1
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: Levasseur back on MPD's case, but this time with numbers - 5
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
Monitoring social media
More violence at Keene
Boz Scaggs explores a bit of 'Memphis'
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
Sprague seeks more assets from Fuller Oil
More violence at Keene