Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Woman charged in 3 city burglaries
Her criminal resume includes convictions for burglary, theft, drug possession, criminal threatening, even armed robbery, police said in court Thursday. Now, she faces three charges of burglary, two counts of credit card fraud, receiving stolen property, forgery and theft by deception.
"It's certainly not outside the realm of possibility she's connected to more," said police spokesman Lt. Maureen Tessier. "If someone is a burglar, they tend to be prolific."
"I kept staring at her face. I needed to remember that face, to make a mental note of it," Clayton said. After the woman walked off, Clayton called police and described the intruder.
Police charged Colon with two other burglaries — 579 Beech St. on July 8 and 279 Laurel St. on June 14.
Hours after the Laurel Street burglary, Colon allegedly cashed a check stolen from the home and later pawned jewelry from the home at a local pawn shop, police said.
She was arrested Wednesday while exiting the CVS store at 432 S. Main St. Police said they believe the credit card she used was stolen, but they have yet to locate the owner.
Tessier said some burglaries tend to be crimes of opportunity. Other are more professional, taking place after the burglar has walked the neighborhood and targeted homes.
Clayton said the burglar also got some cash and an iPad, which police told her was traded for drugs.
"There's a part of me that wanted to stop her from leaving and get her," Clayton said. "But you know what? Just call the cops."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917