Home » News » Public Safety
Skateboarder seriously injured in Middleton
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 47 Adams Way at 8:20 p.m.
"He must have taken a real good fall," Police Chief Randy Sobel said. The man sustained contusions, but the head and neck injuries were the bigger concern, the chief said.
Sobel said firefighters requested a helicopter to transport the man, but weather prevented an air evacuation to Dartmouth-Hitchcock, Boston or Portland, Maine.
As a result, Sobel said a Middleton ambulance transported the man to Route 16 where it was met by paramedics from Frisbie Memorial Hospital in Rochester.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 3
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 0
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 4
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072