Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester police officer charged in domestic case
Police said William Soucy, 52, turned himself in to police and was charged with misdemeanor assault. He was booked and released on his own recognizance.
Soucy is a Manchester police patrolman and will be placed on modified working conditions, said Assistant Chief Nick Willard. Such conditions typically mirror bail restrictions, and Willard said police must review the bail restrictions before he could discuss details of Soucy’s work limitations.
A two-sentence statement about the arrest gives few details of the assault.
But the alleged victim’s lawyer, Manchester alderman Joe Kelly Levasseur, said Soucy reportedly placed his forearm on the woman’s chest to brace her against the wall and prevent her from leaving his apartment.
Her finger was injured and she received bruises from the incident, said Levasseur, a high-profile critic of the department.
He said she is contemplating a civil lawsuit against Soucy once the criminal case is resolved.
Manchester police had to locate the alleged victim, and when she was reluctant to speak they provided her with victim counseling services through the YWCA. Eventually, she decided to speak to police, Willard said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
The U.S. is a beacon still
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
- Total Votes: 917