Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
In Manchester, police say last week was a week for burglars
Between July 1 and July 7, police investigated 30 burglaries at homes and businesses, police said.
The 25 residential burglaries were clustered in densely packed neighborhoods, generally from Lake Avenue into the city's West Side.
Police say burglaries at homes happen increasingly during the summer months, when residents are on vacation.
• Secure windows and if you keep a window open, use a wireless window alarm that will activate if someone tries to raise the window.
• Don't provide obvious signs that you are away. Have someone mow your lawn, and don't mention vacation plans on social media, which can be accessed by would-be burglars.
• Secure window-mount air conditioners so intruders can't push them in to gain access.
• Call police if door-to-door salespeople make you nervous. Some people go door-to-door seeking empty houses.
• Use shades to keep people from being tempted by what is inside your home.
• Use timers for inside lights and a radio when you are away.
• Don't put the boxes for new, big-ticket electronics at the curb on trash day.
Police also advise homeowners to look after each other by calling police when they spot suspicious people in the neighborhood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Authorities mum about reports of shooting in Manchester - 0
- Police say woman broke into Hollis home and took pictures - 0
- Addiction treatment doctor gets restricted license - 0
- Newmarket man charged with sex assault of 12-year-old girl - 0
- Wife charged with stabbing husband during argument - 0
- Imprisoned pair could add to their already lengthy sentences if found guilty of assault - 0
- Judge nixes house arrest for man convicted in Ponzi scheme - 0
- Raymond man faces possession of child porn charges - 0
- Man failed to note conviction on gun permit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Owner sought after fatal pitbull attack near Tuckerman Ravine - 0
- Big smiles as Market Basket customers and workers return - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Patnode poised to win NH Weekly Series crown - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 8
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917