Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
In Manchester, police say last week was a week for burglars
Between July 1 and July 7, police investigated 30 burglaries at homes and businesses, police said.
The 25 residential burglaries were clustered in densely packed neighborhoods, generally from Lake Avenue into the city's West Side.
Police say burglaries at homes happen increasingly during the summer months, when residents are on vacation.
• Secure windows and if you keep a window open, use a wireless window alarm that will activate if someone tries to raise the window.
• Don't provide obvious signs that you are away. Have someone mow your lawn, and don't mention vacation plans on social media, which can be accessed by would-be burglars.
• Secure window-mount air conditioners so intruders can't push them in to gain access.
• Call police if door-to-door salespeople make you nervous. Some people go door-to-door seeking empty houses.
• Use shades to keep people from being tempted by what is inside your home.
• Use timers for inside lights and a radio when you are away.
• Don't put the boxes for new, big-ticket electronics at the curb on trash day.
Police also advise homeowners to look after each other by calling police when they spot suspicious people in the neighborhood.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424