Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Mass. man gets 30 months for robberies in NH, Mass.
Joseph Costello, 27, was accused of a July 2, 2012, robbery in Salem in which police said he entered a Shaw’s supermarket and passed a note to the teller at an in-store Citizens Bank.
A note would be handed to the teller or store employee saying a bomb had been placed in the building and would be detonated by a third party unless Costello was provided with money.
Police said at the time of the Salem robbery that a dye pack in the money bag exploded as Costello carried it from the store, causing him to run off without the money. A police dog tracked him to a nearby convenience store parking lot, but the trail ended there.
Costello, a veteran of military service in Afghanistan, was sentenced in U.S. District Court in Concord.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 54
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424