Home » News » Public Safety
2-alarm blaze destroys Farmington home
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 59 Hawthorne Hill Road at 10:13 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived, heavy fire had enveloped the 2½-story home, according to Fire Chief Richard Fowler.
“We’re not in a hydrant district,” Fowler said, adding the fire was about four to five miles from the nearest water supply — a hydrant to the south in Rochester.
“We appreciate all we get from the town. They’ve been very supportive of the fire department,” Fowler said.
“The car and the garage were steaming, but the wind was going our way,” Fowler said. “If it wasn’t, we probably would have lost it.”
Firefighters continue to investigate the cause of the fire, which is undetermined.
Fowler said crews were assisted at the scene by firefighters from Alton, Barnstead, Middleton, Milton, New Durham, Rochester, Strafford and Wolfeboro. He added Somersworth firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072