Home » News » Public Safety
2-alarm blaze destroys Farmington home
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 59 Hawthorne Hill Road at 10:13 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived, heavy fire had enveloped the 2½-story home, according to Fire Chief Richard Fowler.
“We’re not in a hydrant district,” Fowler said, adding the fire was about four to five miles from the nearest water supply — a hydrant to the south in Rochester.
“We appreciate all we get from the town. They’ve been very supportive of the fire department,” Fowler said.
“The car and the garage were steaming, but the wind was going our way,” Fowler said. “If it wasn’t, we probably would have lost it.”
Firefighters continue to investigate the cause of the fire, which is undetermined.
Fowler said crews were assisted at the scene by firefighters from Alton, Barnstead, Middleton, Milton, New Durham, Rochester, Strafford and Wolfeboro. He added Somersworth firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 10
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 1
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket
Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health