Home » News » Public Safety
2-alarm blaze destroys Farmington home
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 59 Hawthorne Hill Road at 10:13 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived, heavy fire had enveloped the 2½-story home, according to Fire Chief Richard Fowler.
“We’re not in a hydrant district,” Fowler said, adding the fire was about four to five miles from the nearest water supply — a hydrant to the south in Rochester.
“We appreciate all we get from the town. They’ve been very supportive of the fire department,” Fowler said.
“The car and the garage were steaming, but the wind was going our way,” Fowler said. “If it wasn’t, we probably would have lost it.”
Firefighters continue to investigate the cause of the fire, which is undetermined.
Fowler said crews were assisted at the scene by firefighters from Alton, Barnstead, Middleton, Milton, New Durham, Rochester, Strafford and Wolfeboro. He added Somersworth firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax