Home » News » Public Safety
2-alarm blaze destroys Farmington home
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded to 59 Hawthorne Hill Road at 10:13 p.m. By the time firefighters arrived, heavy fire had enveloped the 2½-story home, according to Fire Chief Richard Fowler.
“We’re not in a hydrant district,” Fowler said, adding the fire was about four to five miles from the nearest water supply — a hydrant to the south in Rochester.
“We appreciate all we get from the town. They’ve been very supportive of the fire department,” Fowler said.
“The car and the garage were steaming, but the wind was going our way,” Fowler said. “If it wasn’t, we probably would have lost it.”
Firefighters continue to investigate the cause of the fire, which is undetermined.
Fowler said crews were assisted at the scene by firefighters from Alton, Barnstead, Middleton, Milton, New Durham, Rochester, Strafford and Wolfeboro. He added Somersworth firefighters provided station coverage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 1
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
- Three firefighters recovering after injuries in fast-moving Claremont house fire - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax