Home » News » Public Safety
Derry Police Department eligible for federal money for patrols
“This is a four-year grant from the United States Department of Justice that is administered by Rockingham County,” said Police Chief Ed Garone.
The sole use of the grant money will be to upgrade the department’s in-car video capabilities, according to Garone.
The department intends to upgrade its current system by installing new high definition cameras, high fidelity microphones, and a server system that will store digital media more efficiently.
The high definition cameras and high fidelity microphones will provide improved recordings, resulting in better evidence for the prosecution of crimes, according to Garone. The detailed recording will also help protect police officers from false allegations and reduce the liability for the department, he added.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Investigators release sketch of man who may have driven Abigail away - 1
- Supporters ask for patience in Abby Hernandez case while authorities sort it all out - 10
- Package found at Manchester federal building was harmless - 0
- Tractor-trailer carrying glass rolls over at I-93-Route 101 interchange in Manchester - 0
- Contact lost with Air Algerie plane carrying 116 people from Burkina Faso - 0
- New Ipswich man dies in motorcycle, truck collision - 0
- Two hurt in crash on Everett Turnpike involving tractor-trailer - 0
- Lightning likely cause of Manchester apartment building fire - 0
- Motorcyclist seriously injured in Jaffrey crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 1
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket