Home » News » Public Safety
Derry Police Department eligible for federal money for patrols
“This is a four-year grant from the United States Department of Justice that is administered by Rockingham County,” said Police Chief Ed Garone.
The sole use of the grant money will be to upgrade the department’s in-car video capabilities, according to Garone.
The department intends to upgrade its current system by installing new high definition cameras, high fidelity microphones, and a server system that will store digital media more efficiently.
The high definition cameras and high fidelity microphones will provide improved recordings, resulting in better evidence for the prosecution of crimes, according to Garone. The detailed recording will also help protect police officers from false allegations and reduce the liability for the department, he added.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 1
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles