Home » News » Public Safety
Two fatal accidents mar holiday weekend
An 18-year-old man was killed in a single-car accident on New Rye Road in Epsom early Sunday morning after a police officer broke off a high speed chase.
State Police said Epsom officer Dana Flanders had noticed the car parked behind the Epsom Central School.
Flanders reported he broke off the chase due to the extreme speed at which the Volkswagen was traveling, police said.
Members of the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team are asking any member of the public who may have seen the accident to call Troop D at 223-4381.
Police said speed appeared to be a factor when Jutras apparently lost control of the 2000 GMC Sierra pickup in front of 287 Route 121 around 10:30 p.m., according to police.
Two motorcycles collided on Route 107 in Deerfield shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
One rider suffered a compound leg fracture in the crash near 311 North Road. That rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital as a precaution.
One man was airlifted to a Maine hospital after a Rochester motorcycle crash in which the driver of a minivan was charged with running a red light.
While crossing Washington Street, Kinneavy's van was struck by a motorcycle driven by David McComb, 52, of Belmont, and then struck a second motorcycle traveling with him. The second Harley Davidson motorcycle was driven by Peter McKinnon, of Concord. McKinnon's age wasn't given.
David McComb was airlifted to a Maine hospital for treatment. Terry McComb was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for her injuries.
Two passengers in Kinneavy's vehicle were not injured. None of the people on the motorcycles were wearing helmets.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 0
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax