Home » News » Public Safety
Two fatal accidents mar holiday weekend
An 18-year-old man was killed in a single-car accident on New Rye Road in Epsom early Sunday morning after a police officer broke off a high speed chase.
State Police said Epsom officer Dana Flanders had noticed the car parked behind the Epsom Central School.
Flanders reported he broke off the chase due to the extreme speed at which the Volkswagen was traveling, police said.
Members of the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team are asking any member of the public who may have seen the accident to call Troop D at 223-4381.
Police said speed appeared to be a factor when Jutras apparently lost control of the 2000 GMC Sierra pickup in front of 287 Route 121 around 10:30 p.m., according to police.
Two motorcycles collided on Route 107 in Deerfield shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
One rider suffered a compound leg fracture in the crash near 311 North Road. That rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital as a precaution.
One man was airlifted to a Maine hospital after a Rochester motorcycle crash in which the driver of a minivan was charged with running a red light.
While crossing Washington Street, Kinneavy's van was struck by a motorcycle driven by David McComb, 52, of Belmont, and then struck a second motorcycle traveling with him. The second Harley Davidson motorcycle was driven by Peter McKinnon, of Concord. McKinnon's age wasn't given.
David McComb was airlifted to a Maine hospital for treatment. Terry McComb was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for her injuries.
Two passengers in Kinneavy's vehicle were not injured. None of the people on the motorcycles were wearing helmets.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police ready to make a wardrobe change - 0
- Man, 41, dies after his car hits utility pole by Nashua library - 0
- Derry fire displaces five - 0
- Two fall about 50 feet from Crotched Mountain ski lift - 1
- Three-alarm fire levels Loudon garage - 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072