Home » News » Public Safety
Two fatal accidents mar holiday weekend
An 18-year-old man was killed in a single-car accident on New Rye Road in Epsom early Sunday morning after a police officer broke off a high speed chase.
State Police said Epsom officer Dana Flanders had noticed the car parked behind the Epsom Central School.
Flanders reported he broke off the chase due to the extreme speed at which the Volkswagen was traveling, police said.
Members of the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team are asking any member of the public who may have seen the accident to call Troop D at 223-4381.
Police said speed appeared to be a factor when Jutras apparently lost control of the 2000 GMC Sierra pickup in front of 287 Route 121 around 10:30 p.m., according to police.
Two motorcycles collided on Route 107 in Deerfield shortly after 10:30 a.m. Sunday.
One rider suffered a compound leg fracture in the crash near 311 North Road. That rider was flown by helicopter to a Boston hospital as a precaution.
One man was airlifted to a Maine hospital after a Rochester motorcycle crash in which the driver of a minivan was charged with running a red light.
While crossing Washington Street, Kinneavy's van was struck by a motorcycle driven by David McComb, 52, of Belmont, and then struck a second motorcycle traveling with him. The second Harley Davidson motorcycle was driven by Peter McKinnon, of Concord. McKinnon's age wasn't given.
David McComb was airlifted to a Maine hospital for treatment. Terry McComb was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital for her injuries.
Two passengers in Kinneavy's vehicle were not injured. None of the people on the motorcycles were wearing helmets.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Father of missing Conway teen says he wants custody of his daughter - 0
- Mass. man safe after crashing plane into Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Lebanon police lieutenant resigns during internal probe into faking of fitness test results - 0
- Hampton man still in critical condition from Rte. 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Pilot OK after Lake Winnipesaukee plane crash - 0
- Hampton man in critical condition after crash on Route 125 - 0
- Concord water main break diverts traffic - 0
- Claremont convent ravaged by fire to be razed - 0
- Hampton woman pulled from truck, in hospital after I-95 crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry councilors critical of town’s economic development website - 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Suspect arrested, loot recovered 10 minutes after Derry bank robbery - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Bruins shut out Wings
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
City papers: A flawed right-to-know policy