Manchester superintendent, school officials to meet on curriculum revamp
The school district recently received results of an audit showing it needed to improve its comprehensive written curriculum management plan. The district also is in the process of embedding Common Core State Standards into its curriculum, which is a road map for what is taught in the classrooms.
“At some point, what I’d like to see is we add examples for parents to see, so it’s just not particular statements,” she said. “Parents should be able to see what that looks like, so if they want to help their child at home, they have a better concept of what that looks like.”
School board member Sarah Ambrogi, who chairs the curriculum and instruction committee, said she is more than satisfied with Livingston’s performance so far.
School districts are not required to follow the Common Core standards. They can choose to adopt it entirely, pick just the parts they like, or not use it at all.
“Since we have a chance for early implementation, getting the 30,000-foot view is better than picking and choosing,” Livingston said.
“It takes time for teachers to develop expertise,” Livingston said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefly dress could set the world on fire - 0
- After hand injury, Manchester spa owner didn't think she would ever be able to work again - 0
- Scene in Manchester: A no-holds-barred workout right on Elm Street - 1
- Scene in Manchester: Monsters on the loose, again - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: At Zaboo, 'You'll fit right in ...' - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 2
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Elm Street's resurgence includes a good workout - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 7
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out