Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Merrimack woman charged with lying about home invasion
Police say Mary Watson, 42, of 62 Bates Road, called police on June 30 reporting that three men had entered her residence through the basement and were causing damage to the inside of the home.
When authorities arrived to investigate, they were told that the men had fled the area into the surrounding woods. Local and state police began a search of the area, however a canine was not able to locate anyone.
"While at the scene, Merrimack detectives were able to piece evidence together that led them to believe the report was false," police said in a release. "Watson later admitted to making up the report of the home invasion, and that she in fact had caused the damage herself."
She was arrested Saturday and charged with providing a false report to law enforcement. Watson is free on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, and will be arraigned July 16 at the 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Conn. tractor-trailer driver charged in Manchester hit and run - 1
- Goffstown man held in Triangle Credit Union robbery, burglaries - 0
- 2 Bay State men arrested for Peterborough credit union robbery - 1
- Hudson man facing DWI charge after crash - 0
- Police recover stolen SUV investigating burglary - 0
- Woman arrested after crash at Dover tolls, facing DWI charge - 0
- Fugitive of the week: Juan Zayas-Diaz - 0
- Man turns himself in for Dover burglary warrant - 0
- Police say Laconia man threatened toddler - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dingman granted conditional parole - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans - 10
- Minimum wage rally at South Willow McDonald's - 12
- Frisbie hospital seeks hearing on network exclusion, information denial - 0
- Ayotte praised over attempt to change broadband funding - 0
- Pats prepare for Browns' bag of 'tricks' - 0
- Believe it: Celtics are in first - 0
- Vonn finishes training run, mulls entering Friday's race - 0
Dingman granted conditional parole
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to be in Londonderry tonight, says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424