Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Merrimack woman charged with lying about home invasion
Police say Mary Watson, 42, of 62 Bates Road, called police on June 30 reporting that three men had entered her residence through the basement and were causing damage to the inside of the home.
When authorities arrived to investigate, they were told that the men had fled the area into the surrounding woods. Local and state police began a search of the area, however a canine was not able to locate anyone.
"While at the scene, Merrimack detectives were able to piece evidence together that led them to believe the report was false," police said in a release. "Watson later admitted to making up the report of the home invasion, and that she in fact had caused the damage herself."
She was arrested Saturday and charged with providing a false report to law enforcement. Watson is free on $1,500 personal recognizance bail, and will be arraigned July 16 at the 9th Circuit Court, Merrimack Division.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 10
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief