Epping woman reaches century mark
Alice M. Lavoie celebrated her 100th birthday June 21 at the Ernest P. Barka Assisted Living Community in Brentwood.
Forty family members and close friends attended the dinner party, catered by the Kingston 1686 House.
Tom Gauthier, chairman of the Epping Board of Selectman, made a brief presentation, officially recognizing Mrs. Lavoie as the oldest living taxpayer in Epping.
Mrs. Lavoie lived most of her life in Epping, and together with her husband, Edward T. Lavoie, owned and operated Magic Flame Inc., which served the Rockingham County area for more than 38 years.
Mrs. Lavoie attributes her longevity to daily exercise, healthful eating and living life in moderation.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.