ATV trails open, signs start disappearing
The North Country Off Highway Recreational Vehicle Coalition is selling Ride the Wilds signs. Cost is $15 plus $3.56 for shipping. They can be ordered with a check or money order for $18.56 at Box 318, Colebrook, NH 03576.
"Souvenir hunters. They're a very attractive sign," he said of the 800 four-color markers on the trails.
Brown hopes the solution will come in offering people the opportunity to legally buy their own 8-by-6 inch signs, partially reflective, and identical to the ones on the trails.
About a half-dozen trail signs have been taken, he said.
"It's not a financial setback at all. But it's more than a nuisance, and it's wrong. It could be a safety issue if riders can't tell what trail they're on," he said.
"We want to put real pressure on people not to do it," Brown said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- These were a few of our favorite things… - 0
- Store-bought snacks? Really? These treats are almost as easy, and much more delicious - 0
- Driver Taryn Laskey is all bark and bite behind wheel - 0
- Lots of chances to laugh on Dec. 31 - 0
- The Amazing Nano Brothers to captivate in Concord - 0
- Documentary marks Backstreet Boys' highs and lows - 0
- Traditional, contemporary photography at Edwards gallery - 0
- Builder discusses construction of Ice Castle project in Lincoln - 0
- Robots to return to NH science center - 0
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin