ATV trails open, signs start disappearing
The North Country Off Highway Recreational Vehicle Coalition is selling Ride the Wilds signs. Cost is $15 plus $3.56 for shipping. They can be ordered with a check or money order for $18.56 at Box 318, Colebrook, NH 03576.
"Souvenir hunters. They're a very attractive sign," he said of the 800 four-color markers on the trails.
Brown hopes the solution will come in offering people the opportunity to legally buy their own 8-by-6 inch signs, partially reflective, and identical to the ones on the trails.
About a half-dozen trail signs have been taken, he said.
"It's not a financial setback at all. But it's more than a nuisance, and it's wrong. It could be a safety issue if riders can't tell what trail they're on," he said.
"We want to put real pressure on people not to do it," Brown said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundred Nights Shelter is holding its first annual Holiday Auction this Dec. - 0
- Derry places 'Giving Tree' in Municipal Center - 0
- Former Londonderry student sails into Navy career aboard the USS Lincoln - 0
- Frisella Fine Art Studio in Candia to hold open house - 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
Whiskey jacks and camp at Unknown Pond