ATV trails open, signs start disappearing
The North Country Off Highway Recreational Vehicle Coalition is selling Ride the Wilds signs. Cost is $15 plus $3.56 for shipping. They can be ordered with a check or money order for $18.56 at Box 318, Colebrook, NH 03576.
"Souvenir hunters. They're a very attractive sign," he said of the 800 four-color markers on the trails.
Brown hopes the solution will come in offering people the opportunity to legally buy their own 8-by-6 inch signs, partially reflective, and identical to the ones on the trails.
About a half-dozen trail signs have been taken, he said.
"It's not a financial setback at all. But it's more than a nuisance, and it's wrong. It could be a safety issue if riders can't tell what trail they're on," he said.
"We want to put real pressure on people not to do it," Brown said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Romney, Fallon betting stakes: Ice cream at 'The Bubble' - 0
- Black Label Society goes 'UnBlackened' at the Casino Ballroom - 0
- Closing the season in style - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Bedford student wins French oratorical contest - 0
- Tom Chapin is talking numbers: specifically, '70' - 0
- NH Club Notes: Danbury Grange to host benefit for fire victim - 0
- St. Patrick celebrations culminate with Manchester parade - 0
- Adam Ezra Group brings road trip to Granite State this spring - 0
Closing the season in style
Last week's Rare Bird Alert
On your mark, get set — gather sap
Craftsmen's gallery offers 'Spring Fever'