ATV trails open, signs start disappearing
The North Country Off Highway Recreational Vehicle Coalition is selling Ride the Wilds signs. Cost is $15 plus $3.56 for shipping. They can be ordered with a check or money order for $18.56 at Box 318, Colebrook, NH 03576.
"Souvenir hunters. They're a very attractive sign," he said of the 800 four-color markers on the trails.
Brown hopes the solution will come in offering people the opportunity to legally buy their own 8-by-6 inch signs, partially reflective, and identical to the ones on the trails.
About a half-dozen trail signs have been taken, he said.
"It's not a financial setback at all. But it's more than a nuisance, and it's wrong. It could be a safety issue if riders can't tell what trail they're on," he said.
"We want to put real pressure on people not to do it," Brown said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem board declines to support citizen petition on sign ordinance - 0
- Good News Garage offers hope to those in need - 0
- Bedford pizza shop gets a visit from a famous former employee - 1
- Thoughts as we move from one year to another - 0
- It's ice fishing time, and here are some tips to make it great - 0
- Contra dance capital in Nelson - 0
- Seth Meyers visits Bedford pizza shop where he worked as teen - 2
- Nature Talks: Taking a closer look at the red-bellied woodpecker - 0
- Pinkerton Academy students learn audio production from a pro - 0
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released