Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Weaver, Angels shut down Red Sox
The Angels earned two victories in the three-game series against the Red Sox, who are just getting started on a 10-game West Coast road trip.
Lackey, Weaver’s former mentor with the Angels and the winning pitcher of Game 7 in the Angels’ 2002 World Series championship, pitched well in defeat. He went seven innings, struck out nine and gave up just five hits. Trouble was, two of those hits left the ballpark and were the difference in the game.
After escaping a first-inning jam, Weaver settled in. He didn’t allow a hit between Ryan Lavarnway’s one-out, infield single in the second inning and Mike Napoli’s leadoff single in the seventh.
... Trumbo was not in the starting lineup for the second time this season. It was just a day off for Trumbo, who was hitless in his previous nine at-bats, his season average dipping to .247. Brad Hawpe made his fifth start of the season (third at first base) in Trumbo’s place. Hawpe went 0-for-3, making him 1-for-17 as a starter this year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 12
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council