Home » Sports » Baseball » Red Sox/MLB
Weaver, Angels shut down Red Sox
The Angels earned two victories in the three-game series against the Red Sox, who are just getting started on a 10-game West Coast road trip.
Lackey, Weaver’s former mentor with the Angels and the winning pitcher of Game 7 in the Angels’ 2002 World Series championship, pitched well in defeat. He went seven innings, struck out nine and gave up just five hits. Trouble was, two of those hits left the ballpark and were the difference in the game.
After escaping a first-inning jam, Weaver settled in. He didn’t allow a hit between Ryan Lavarnway’s one-out, infield single in the second inning and Mike Napoli’s leadoff single in the seventh.
... Trumbo was not in the starting lineup for the second time this season. It was just a day off for Trumbo, who was hitless in his previous nine at-bats, his season average dipping to .247. Brad Hawpe made his fifth start of the season (third at first base) in Trumbo’s place. Hawpe went 0-for-3, making him 1-for-17 as a starter this year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson poised to win sixth Sprint Cup crown - 0
- Hamlin on pole for Sunday's Goody's 500 at Martinsville - 0
- Truck Series will return to Loudon Sept. 20 - 0
- McMurray winsat Talladega.; Jimmie Johnson takes Chase lead - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Ford Fall Brawl has plenty of big names - 0
- NHMS gets Sprint Cup schedule; trucks returning - 2
- Brad Keselowski outduels Kasey Kahne to return to victory lane - 0
- Harvick takes Kansas; Kenseth’s Nascar Sprint Cup lead dented - 0
- Pines Speedway Reunion set in Groveland, Mass. - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice