Home » News » Public Safety
Epsom teen was attempting to elude police prior to fatal crash early Sunday
Allen Field, 18, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on New Rye Road about 1 a.m. Sunday.
A preliminary investigation revealed that an Epsom police officer had attempted to stop the vehicle involved immediately prior to the crash.
"Epsom Police Officer Dana Flanders observed the vehicle behind the Epsom Central School located on Black Hall Road at approximately 1:00 a.m.," State Police said in a statement. "The suspicious location of the vehicle caused Officer Flanders to turn around in attempts to further investigate. When the operator of the vehicle observed Flanders's cruiser, the vehicle took off at an extremely high rate of speed on Black Hall Road traveling towards New Rye Road."
Officer Flanders followed the fleeing GTI for a short time, but ended pursuit realizing he would be unable to catch up, State Police said. A short time later Flanders came upon the wrecked Volkswagen, which had failed to negotiate a turn, striking a tree before coming to rest on the roof.
The accident is under investigation by the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team. Anyone with information is asked to call the Troop D barracks at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 2
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 19
- Senate battle attracts 17,000 TV ads in NH - 2
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 1
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 4
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
Trump fired up over NH mailer