Home » News » Public Safety
Epsom teen was attempting to elude police prior to fatal crash early Sunday
Allen Field, 18, was pronounced dead at the scene of the accident on New Rye Road about 1 a.m. Sunday.
A preliminary investigation revealed that an Epsom police officer had attempted to stop the vehicle involved immediately prior to the crash.
"Epsom Police Officer Dana Flanders observed the vehicle behind the Epsom Central School located on Black Hall Road at approximately 1:00 a.m.," State Police said in a statement. "The suspicious location of the vehicle caused Officer Flanders to turn around in attempts to further investigate. When the operator of the vehicle observed Flanders's cruiser, the vehicle took off at an extremely high rate of speed on Black Hall Road traveling towards New Rye Road."
Officer Flanders followed the fleeing GTI for a short time, but ended pursuit realizing he would be unable to catch up, State Police said. A short time later Flanders came upon the wrecked Volkswagen, which had failed to negotiate a turn, striking a tree before coming to rest on the roof.
The accident is under investigation by the State Police Traffic Accident Reconstruction Team. Anyone with information is asked to call the Troop D barracks at 672-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072