Home » News » Public Safety
Boscawen drowning victim identified as Penacook man
The body of Daron Graham, 20, was recovered after the downstream river level was lowered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow the Fish and Game Dive Team to safely conduct a search.
Graham had been swimming in an area near the Hannah Duston Monument with others about 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon when he got into trouble. His companions tried to save him, according to witnesses, but they were unable to reach him because of fast-moving river currents.
A search was suspended Saturday night and resumed Sunday morning.
The body of another Concord man, Gary Lacroix, 59, was recovered Saturday after he was swept away by the fast-moving waters as he tried to pick some debris out of the Merrimack while fishing from shore Friday.
Public safety officials have warned water currents in the state's rivers and streams are moving faster than usual for this time of year due to a series of heavy rain storms in recent weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
- State: Range of staffing issues led to 'bad outcomes' at Lakeview NeuroRehabilitation - 0
- Driver loses control, crashes into four vehicles at Hudson auto body shop - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 0
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
- Board of Ed finds in favor of Goffstown; Dunbarton plans Supreme Court appeal - 0
- More theft-related charges for Raymond woman - 0
- Derry Administrator opposes council goal of cutting Derry tax rate - 0
- Thursday meeting to address Windham water project concerns - 0
- Derry takes steps to improve rundown buildings - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Charles M. Arlinghaus: Read these books, OK?
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose