Home » News » Public Safety
Boscawen drowning victim identified as Penacook man
The body of Daron Graham, 20, was recovered after the downstream river level was lowered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow the Fish and Game Dive Team to safely conduct a search.
Graham had been swimming in an area near the Hannah Duston Monument with others about 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon when he got into trouble. His companions tried to save him, according to witnesses, but they were unable to reach him because of fast-moving river currents.
A search was suspended Saturday night and resumed Sunday morning.
The body of another Concord man, Gary Lacroix, 59, was recovered Saturday after he was swept away by the fast-moving waters as he tried to pick some debris out of the Merrimack while fishing from shore Friday.
Public safety officials have warned water currents in the state's rivers and streams are moving faster than usual for this time of year due to a series of heavy rain storms in recent weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 22
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 3
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 7
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election