Home » News » Public Safety
Boscawen drowning victim identified as Penacook man
The body of Daron Graham, 20, was recovered after the downstream river level was lowered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow the Fish and Game Dive Team to safely conduct a search.
Graham had been swimming in an area near the Hannah Duston Monument with others about 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon when he got into trouble. His companions tried to save him, according to witnesses, but they were unable to reach him because of fast-moving river currents.
A search was suspended Saturday night and resumed Sunday morning.
The body of another Concord man, Gary Lacroix, 59, was recovered Saturday after he was swept away by the fast-moving waters as he tried to pick some debris out of the Merrimack while fishing from shore Friday.
Public safety officials have warned water currents in the state's rivers and streams are moving faster than usual for this time of year due to a series of heavy rain storms in recent weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
- Man suffers life-threatening injuries in Little Cohas Brook crash - 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Keystone bill passes U.S. House