Home » News » Public Safety
Boscawen drowning victim identified as Penacook man
The body of Daron Graham, 20, was recovered after the downstream river level was lowered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow the Fish and Game Dive Team to safely conduct a search.
Graham had been swimming in an area near the Hannah Duston Monument with others about 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon when he got into trouble. His companions tried to save him, according to witnesses, but they were unable to reach him because of fast-moving river currents.
A search was suspended Saturday night and resumed Sunday morning.
The body of another Concord man, Gary Lacroix, 59, was recovered Saturday after he was swept away by the fast-moving waters as he tried to pick some debris out of the Merrimack while fishing from shore Friday.
Public safety officials have warned water currents in the state's rivers and streams are moving faster than usual for this time of year due to a series of heavy rain storms in recent weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'