Home » News » Public Safety
Boscawen drowning victim identified as Penacook man
The body of Daron Graham, 20, was recovered after the downstream river level was lowered by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to allow the Fish and Game Dive Team to safely conduct a search.
Graham had been swimming in an area near the Hannah Duston Monument with others about 4:30 p.m. Saturday afternoon when he got into trouble. His companions tried to save him, according to witnesses, but they were unable to reach him because of fast-moving river currents.
A search was suspended Saturday night and resumed Sunday morning.
The body of another Concord man, Gary Lacroix, 59, was recovered Saturday after he was swept away by the fast-moving waters as he tried to pick some debris out of the Merrimack while fishing from shore Friday.
Public safety officials have warned water currents in the state's rivers and streams are moving faster than usual for this time of year due to a series of heavy rain storms in recent weeks.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads