Home » News » Public Safety
AG says body found in Unity is likely that of missing Charlestown woman
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane E. Young said last night the body is believed to be that of Kelly Robarge, 42, of 124 Happy Acres Road. Dental records will be used to verify the identity. An autopsy will be done Sunday.
Officials have been looking for Robarge since she was reported missing June 27. She was last seen late that morning, and there has been no communication with family or friends since.
"There have been state cops flying up the road today," store owner Rob Spaulding said.
He said he saw the first cruiser pass about 9 a.m. and the last one in the early afternoon.
He said officials searching along Second New Hampshire Turnpike last week appeared to be focusing their efforts on West Unity and the opposite end of the road toward Lempster.
"This is horrible. Everybody wants closure...," Spaulding said.
Investigators declared Kelly Robarge's home a crime scene shortly after her disappearance. Scores of local, state and county officials have searched rural wooded areas, roadways and waterways in Charlestown, Claremont and Unity since then. Searches have also been done in border towns across the Vermont state line.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Dozens displaced by Manchester apartment building fire - 3
- Ossipee woman killed in late-night Moultonborough crash - 1
- Danville couple struggling to get back on feet after explosion - 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 1
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 1
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'