Home » News » Public Safety
AG says body found in Unity is likely that of missing Charlestown woman
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jane E. Young said last night the body is believed to be that of Kelly Robarge, 42, of 124 Happy Acres Road. Dental records will be used to verify the identity. An autopsy will be done Sunday.
Officials have been looking for Robarge since she was reported missing June 27. She was last seen late that morning, and there has been no communication with family or friends since.
"There have been state cops flying up the road today," store owner Rob Spaulding said.
He said he saw the first cruiser pass about 9 a.m. and the last one in the early afternoon.
He said officials searching along Second New Hampshire Turnpike last week appeared to be focusing their efforts on West Unity and the opposite end of the road toward Lempster.
"This is horrible. Everybody wants closure...," Spaulding said.
Investigators declared Kelly Robarge's home a crime scene shortly after her disappearance. Scores of local, state and county officials have searched rural wooded areas, roadways and waterways in Charlestown, Claremont and Unity since then. Searches have also been done in border towns across the Vermont state line.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof