Home » News » Public Safety
Man heads to Boston hospital after seriously injuring eye in fireworks accident
Tilton-Northfield Fire Department Lt. Sean Valovanie said the man suffered the injury at about 10 p.m. at 45 Vista Heights when he was struck in the eye by part of the firework.
The man, who was not identified by fire officials, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital, where doctors decided he needed care in a Boston hospital.
"The injury was serious, but he was alert and awake the whole time," Valvonie said.
When asked if the man would lose his injured eye, Valvonie said, "We're not sure how serious it was, that's up to the doctors."
The victim had been outside with a group of friends, and had a cake-type firework, which had some type of aerial shells connected together by a fuse.
"There were multiple shots in the firework," he said.
The fire department has numerous warnings posted on its web page on the danger of fireworks usage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
- Fire destroys Keene house, no one injured, but pets missing - 0
- Arbitrator finds Manchester had 'just cause' to fire Coco - 15
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported - 0
- State agrees to delete toll booth photos - 5
- Colebrook reaches out after blaze - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072