Home » News » Public Safety
Man heads to Boston hospital after seriously injuring eye in fireworks accident
Tilton-Northfield Fire Department Lt. Sean Valovanie said the man suffered the injury at about 10 p.m. at 45 Vista Heights when he was struck in the eye by part of the firework.
The man, who was not identified by fire officials, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital, where doctors decided he needed care in a Boston hospital.
"The injury was serious, but he was alert and awake the whole time," Valvonie said.
When asked if the man would lose his injured eye, Valvonie said, "We're not sure how serious it was, that's up to the doctors."
The victim had been outside with a group of friends, and had a cake-type firework, which had some type of aerial shells connected together by a fuse.
"There were multiple shots in the firework," he said.
The fire department has numerous warnings posted on its web page on the danger of fireworks usage.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax