Home » News » Public Safety
Man heads to Boston hospital after seriously injuring eye in fireworks accident
Tilton-Northfield Fire Department Lt. Sean Valovanie said the man suffered the injury at about 10 p.m. at 45 Vista Heights when he was struck in the eye by part of the firework.
The man, who was not identified by fire officials, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital, where doctors decided he needed care in a Boston hospital.
"The injury was serious, but he was alert and awake the whole time," Valvonie said.
When asked if the man would lose his injured eye, Valvonie said, "We're not sure how serious it was, that's up to the doctors."
The victim had been outside with a group of friends, and had a cake-type firework, which had some type of aerial shells connected together by a fuse.
"There were multiple shots in the firework," he said.
The fire department has numerous warnings posted on its web page on the danger of fireworks usage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072