Home » News » Public Safety
Man heads to Boston hospital after seriously injuring eye in fireworks accident
Tilton-Northfield Fire Department Lt. Sean Valovanie said the man suffered the injury at about 10 p.m. at 45 Vista Heights when he was struck in the eye by part of the firework.
The man, who was not identified by fire officials, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital, where doctors decided he needed care in a Boston hospital.
"The injury was serious, but he was alert and awake the whole time," Valvonie said.
When asked if the man would lose his injured eye, Valvonie said, "We're not sure how serious it was, that's up to the doctors."
The victim had been outside with a group of friends, and had a cake-type firework, which had some type of aerial shells connected together by a fuse.
"There were multiple shots in the firework," he said.
The fire department has numerous warnings posted on its web page on the danger of fireworks usage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATED: State Police bomb squad called to Manchester West High for plastic bottles of solvent - 0
- Swanzey man pulled from fire in serious condition - 0
- Man dies in Northumberland crash - 0
- Power restored to Hooksett and Candia - 0
- Fire destroys Hanover home - 0
- Chester teen suffers serious injuries in dirt bike accident - 0
- AG continues investigation in search for missing Abby Hernandez - 0
- Pair sent to Massachusetts hospital for serious burns following grease fire in Milton home - 0
- Boy, 14, injured in 20-foot fall in Allenstown - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Vote: ‘No nit’ policy relaxed for Manchester schools - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat Hopefully, this too shall pass - 0
- Poll: More than 25% haven't heard of Northern Pass; mixed attitudes for others - 1
- Flood watch and rain follow day of near-record temperatures - 0
- NH doctors: There's more to Medicare list than meets the eye - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 0
- Police: Boscawen chase involved homeless man at wheel - 0
- Plaistow man in toddler abuse case indicted in jail assault - 0
Facebook leads to career in social media
License revocations for DWI announced
Berlin BioPower plant coming up to speed
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
Slammed: A Seabrook officer indicted