Home » News » Public Safety
Man heads to Boston hospital after seriously injuring eye in fireworks accident
Tilton-Northfield Fire Department Lt. Sean Valovanie said the man suffered the injury at about 10 p.m. at 45 Vista Heights when he was struck in the eye by part of the firework.
The man, who was not identified by fire officials, was taken to Lakes Region General Hospital, where doctors decided he needed care in a Boston hospital.
"The injury was serious, but he was alert and awake the whole time," Valvonie said.
When asked if the man would lose his injured eye, Valvonie said, "We're not sure how serious it was, that's up to the doctors."
The victim had been outside with a group of friends, and had a cake-type firework, which had some type of aerial shells connected together by a fuse.
"There were multiple shots in the firework," he said.
The fire department has numerous warnings posted on its web page on the danger of fireworks usage.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 6
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's