Feds get Northern Pass route(s)
"We realize this alternative is both politically and emotionally sensitive," the partners state in a July 2 post on their Northern Pass website. "However, the federal (application) process requires an alternatives analysis, and it is important to list any plan that was thoroughly researched and that could be legally and technically viable, as is the case with this alternative."
"Overhead is not a viable option there, and Connecticut Lakes Realty Trust and the New Hampshire Department of Resources and Economic Development would have to consent to the construction of an underground segment across that short distance. For constructability and visibility purposes the underground segment would be approximately 1,100 feet long," the application states.
The application also states that Northern Pass will seek permission to run lines near the Concord Airport on an existing right of way, which was originally designated as an alternative route in the southern section.
The application also describes various alternatives to Northern Pass, and claims that all of them "suffer from some combination of significant technical, economic, legal, environmental and practical challenges that would result in abandonment of the project and would otherwise fail to meet the purpose and need for which the project has been designed."firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice - 5
- Peterborough receives EPA ‘green power’ award - 0
- Work on largest solar project in state begins in Peterborough - 0
- 24-mile transmission line project could begin in late 2016 - 0
- Conflict rises over Millsfield agreement with wind farm - 0
- New Hampshire's energy future in 'crisis' - 53
- Gas pipeline talk in southern NH surprises many officials in towns by alternative route - 1
- Wind-power developer eyes Alexandria area again - 2
- Keystone bill passes U.S. House - 42
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.