Feds get Northern Pass route(s)
"We realize this alternative is both politically and emotionally sensitive," the partners state in a July 2 post on their Northern Pass website. "However, the federal (application) process requires an alternatives analysis, and it is important to list any plan that was thoroughly researched and that could be legally and technically viable, as is the case with this alternative."
"Overhead is not a viable option there, and Connecticut Lakes Realty Trust and the New Hampshire Department of Resources and Economic Development would have to consent to the construction of an underground segment across that short distance. For constructability and visibility purposes the underground segment would be approximately 1,100 feet long," the application states.
The application also states that Northern Pass will seek permission to run lines near the Concord Airport on an existing right of way, which was originally designated as an alternative route in the southern section.
The application also describes various alternatives to Northern Pass, and claims that all of them "suffer from some combination of significant technical, economic, legal, environmental and practical challenges that would result in abandonment of the project and would otherwise fail to meet the purpose and need for which the project has been designed."email@example.com
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Deroy Murdock: The indictment of Rick Perry is bizarre and unfounded - 0
- Another View - Marc Champion: A strong terror policy would cure Obama's golf woes - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Obama confuses the TV world with the real one - 1
- George Will: In defense of the defenders - 0
- Roger Simon: Is Ferguson the future? - 0
- Charles Krauthammer: Stopping the worst people on earth - 0
- Lynn Preston's NH Legal Perspectives: What prospective real estate purchasers need to know - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: 'Mirror' approach reflects important role of humans in dog training - 0
- Thomas Sowell: The media and the mob - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate