Hooksett, Manchester seek agreement with mediator to settle school dispute
Korkosz said the two districts have not had any official communication since late last year, roughly around the same time Hooksett filed a breach claim with the state Department of Education in an effort to get its high school students out of Manchester high schools in 2016, due to issues including classroom overcrowding.
“That will have to be discussed before the state Department of Education,” she said.
She added that while the majority of Hooksett’s high school students remain in Manchester schools, dozens of students have requested permission to attend other schools.
“Communication is always a good thing,” Livingston said.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- No agreement reached in Seabrook Station labor talks - 0
- Seabrook plant close to lockout in union dispute - 53
- Wind-power foes object to forum sites - 10
- Decision on merits of PSNH scrubber goes back to PUC - 1
- Grafton residents glad to be dropped from wind project - 1
- Planned PSNH station closing has Hillsborough concerned - 4
- Fitzwilliam mining foes hold fundraiser - 1
- House to vote on bill encouraging projects such as Northern Pass to bury power lines - 1
- Lawmakers see another chance for wind farm reform - 1
READER COMMENTS: 7
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 7
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 1
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up
- Should schools do more to police food and beverages consumed at school?
- Total Votes: 112