Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester man attacked with hammer during home invasion
Officers were called to Catholic Medical Center shortly after 2 a.m. Friday to speak with Brian Smithurst, 27, who sustained serious injuries to his head and face in the assault in his girlfriend's apartment at 508 Dubuque St.
Smithurst's girlfriend told police she and several friends were in her apartment when the attackers burst in through the front door.
The girlfriend said the home invaders began assaulting people in the apartment, attacking Smithurst with a hammer.
She told police she did not know the people who broke in, describing them only as several adult Hispanic males and a white adult female. She said the attackers fled after the assault.
Police Sgt. Craig Rousseau said Smithurst was transferred to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon because of the seriousness of his injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief