Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Manchester man attacked with hammer during home invasion
Officers were called to Catholic Medical Center shortly after 2 a.m. Friday to speak with Brian Smithurst, 27, who sustained serious injuries to his head and face in the assault in his girlfriend's apartment at 508 Dubuque St.
Smithurst's girlfriend told police she and several friends were in her apartment when the attackers burst in through the front door.
The girlfriend said the home invaders began assaulting people in the apartment, attacking Smithurst with a hammer.
She told police she did not know the people who broke in, describing them only as several adult Hispanic males and a white adult female. She said the attackers fled after the assault.
Police Sgt. Craig Rousseau said Smithurst was transferred to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon because of the seriousness of his injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal