Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Bruins deal Seguin to Stars as part of seven-player trade
Boston sent forwards Rich Peverley, Tyler Seguin and defenseman Ryan Button to Dallas in exchange for forward Loui Eriksson and prospects Matt Fraser, Reilly Smith and defenseman Joe Morrow.
The key to the deal for Boston was Eriksson, a native of Sweden who appeared in all 48 regular season games for the Stars and tied for the team lead with 12 goals.
Eriksson has spent his entire seven-year career in Dallas, scoring 150 goals and 357 points.
The second overall pick in the 2010 draft, Seguin had 56 goals and 65 assists in three seasons in Boston.
He helped the Bruins to a Stanley Cup title in 2011 and appeared in all 22 playoff games this season as Boston fell just short of a second championship in three years, losing the final to the Chicago Blackhawks.
Peverley was also a member of the Bruins' 2011 Stanley Cup team and this season had six goals and 12 assists in 47 regular season games.
The Bruins and Stars made the moves with what is expected to be a very active National Hockey League free agent market, set to open on Friday.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Guard unit receives award for extraordinary service - 2
- 'NH National Guard Day' proclaimed by governor - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Pearl Harbor survivors remember attack - 0
- NH veterans remember attack on Pearl Harbor - 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'