Home » Sports » Basketball » Celtics/NBA
Celtics put trust in young (36) Stevens
But in truth, Danny Ainge's first thoughts turned to Butler's Brad Stevens two Sundays ago, at roughly the same time Doc Rivers' departure for the Los Angeles Clippers was finalized.
Though Rivers kept an ear open to the stat-based evaluations that became increasingly important to the C's under the direction of Ainge, Ryan McDonough (now the general manager in Phoenix) and director of player personnel Austin Ainge, the new Clippers coach was decidedly old-school.
"This is a real (down-to-earth) guy. (Stevens) is very poised, just a very calm kind of coach."
"Some organizations are just looking to make that turnaround so quick," the source said. "I don't think you're going to be seeing that at play here."
At 33, he became the second-youngest coach in NCAA history to reach the national championship game, and also set an NCAA record for wins by a coach in his first three years with 89.
Or perhaps the Celtics brand simply was too rare an opportunity to pass up.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family wants remains of Swanzey sailor killed at Pearl Harbor returned for NH burial - 1
- Study of New Hampshire veterans spurs drive to help them - 0
- Wreath laid on Pierce grave in Concord - 0
- Bedford Women's Club to recognize Air Force veteran Dieter - 0
- Meredith man gets McQuillen Award for service to vets - 0
- Wright Museum in Wolfeboro to preserve Walter Healy's story - 0
- Auburn students get special visitor - 0
- Wounded warrior needs some help - 0
- VAMC Manchester : Try quitting smoking today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use