Home » News » Public Safety
Rafters have close call on Livermore Falls
According to Holderness Deputy Fire Chief Earl Hanson, the five were floating down the river on inexpensive plastic tube rafts and apparently went over Livermore Falls as the river flows from Campton, through Plymouth to Holderness.
Two women who were on the raft managed to make their way to shore.
The three men in their party were in the water longer, to the point where members of local dive teams were summoned to join the search.
Rescuers saved one man by lowering a rope from a perch above the swift-moving river to the man as he held onto a rock in the river.
The Pemigewasset is running faster than usual because of a series of rainstorms in recent weeks, officials said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 0
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 0
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 0
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH