Home » News » Public Safety
Rafters have close call on Livermore Falls
According to Holderness Deputy Fire Chief Earl Hanson, the five were floating down the river on inexpensive plastic tube rafts and apparently went over Livermore Falls as the river flows from Campton, through Plymouth to Holderness.
Two women who were on the raft managed to make their way to shore.
The three men in their party were in the water longer, to the point where members of local dive teams were summoned to join the search.
Rescuers saved one man by lowering a rope from a perch above the swift-moving river to the man as he held onto a rock in the river.
The Pemigewasset is running faster than usual because of a series of rainstorms in recent weeks, officials said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Child Advocacy Centers offer safe place for abused to begin healing - 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
'He is risen': 'As he said'