Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Greenland man weapons trial coming
Joshua Nieves, 26, is charged with five counts of being a felon in possession of a weapon. He goes on trial the week of Aug. 5 in Rockingham County Superior Court.
So far, no pretrial challenges have been made regarding the charges.
He was arrested Aug. 16, 2012, at the Gosling Meadows apartment complex in Portsmouth. His arrest came a day after police were tipped off about his weapons collection and statements he allegedly made supporting the gunman who killed Greenland Police Chief Michael Maloney last year.
The tipster was a man who was arrested for theft by Newington police, according to police. He was dating Nieves’ former girlfriend and told investigators on Aug. 15, 2012, that Nieves had a MAC-11 and a 9 mm handgun, according to court documents.
Nieves was also indicted on three counts of violating the controlled drug act for allegedly possessing Clonazepam, Lorazepam and marijuana at the time of his arrest. Aside from firearms charges, Nieves also faces an additional felon in possession charge for having a blackjack on him when he was taken into custody, according to police.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
- Store cashier in Littleton refuses to give up the cash to robber - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Manchester man tells judge pills aren’t his - 0
- Hannaford parking lot encounter involved a shotgun - 34
- Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 0
- UPDATE: Dover toll plaza appears undamaged after Tuesday crash - 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor - 1
UPDATE: Could be 'months' before deciding on charges in crash involving Dover city councilor
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424